Residential AC Repair
Dealing with a broken-down air-conditioning unit can prove frustrating for property owners in Birmingham, Al. Fortunately, you have options to get fast help with residential AC repair by contacting our team at Autumn Air Home Services.
Contact us if you want to work with an air conditioner repair team that offers:
- Customized care plans
- A labor warranty for all service jobs
- A “no lemon” guarantee on AC units
- Technicians with years of experience
- Licensed, bonded, and insured repair techs
How to Know If You Need Air Conditioner Repair
Sometimes, it’s apparent that you need HVAC repair in Birmingham. For example, most homeowners don’t hesitate to call the experts for help if their AC unit stops working completely. However, your unit may show warning signs before a total breakdown.
You should reach out to a professional for AC repairs if you notice:
- Strange noises (including thumps, bangs, or squealing) from the AC unit
- Odd, musty smells coming from your AC vents
- Uneven temperatures throughout your home
- Weak airflow
- Higher than normal humidity levels
- Increases on your utility bills
- Water leaks around the AC unit
Any of the above issues could indicate a problem with your AC system. In addition, these problems often grow more severe as your AC unit ages. Units over ten years old typically have more issues than newer units as they go through normal wear and tear.
Issues That Cause AC Breakdowns in Birmingham
Air conditioning units break down for many different reasons. The causes of the breakdown determine the steps technicians must follow to fix the issue. Our crews have the experience and training to diagnose the problem with your system quickly
We keep parts in stock for many different makes and models of AC units. This practice helps us stay prepared to address your specific needs, getting your AC unit up and running again quickly. However, we may need to order a part to conduct the repairs in some cases.
We use our expertise to diagnose and repair issues caused by:
- Poor airflow due to a clogged filter
- Frozen coils in the condensing unit
- Leaks in your ductwork
- Issues with faulty components or wiring
- Problems with the thermostat
- Clogs in the drain line
- Broken parts in the air handler
We can also check on the state of your thermostat. Sometimes, a faulty thermostat prevents AC units from operating correctly. Residential AC repair crews can change the batteries, ensure the thermostat functions correctly, and assess other issues while handling repairs.
Our team will also check your circuit breaker during a repair visit. Occasionally, the circuits flip, preventing the AC unit from working until crews reset them
Reasons to Choose Us for Your AC Repair Needs in Birmingham
You have options when it comes to AC repair companies. Our team strives to provide you with professional and respectful service while handling AC repair and home improvement services. Our customer-centered outlook puts you first.
We uphold our values each time we take on a repair job. So, allow us to offer you:
- Quality. We back up our work with a labor warranty for service work.
- Experience. All technicians on our team have at least five years of experience.
- Comfort. Our crews all go through drug tests and background checks.
- Expertise. We stay up to date with all local and state regulations on AC systems.
- Reasonable Prices. We work hard to offer our clients cost-effective repair services.
Our team takes care of repair services for all makes and models. We also handle the installation of new HVAC systems if you decide to replace your old unit. In some cases, replacing the old system makes more sense financially.
The experts often recommend that you replace an old system if it consistently breaks down or is over ten years old. Newer AC models have several benefits, including increased energy efficiency, which saves you money on your utility expenses.